share energy

share energy

Monday, November 3, 2014

Um, you have something on your shirt (points)

If you have ever spent an extended period of time with me in social situations, you will be aware of the little trickery I like to play... I'll spill the beans and ruin the joke and it won't even matter because I'm just that good at it and I'll still be able to get you when I see you.  It is rare that I do this one-on-one because the laughter of others is really where the gold is, I blame my father for these little social tricks I play. 

A group of people has gathered around and everyone is chatting, good times are being had by all. This is when I zero in and, "oh, I notice you have something on your shirt there, yes right there. See?" I say as I point my finger to your chest. Just when you look down, finger to the nose in all it's glory. 

This gets a hearty chuckle from most, but it doesn't stop there. I'll give it about 10 minutes, maybe a little more and I'll weave my way next to the same victim. They will be lost in conversation and I'll pick up their hand, admiringly." What nice hands you have", or something of the like... and then I'll bring their hand up to my nose and "OH! Your hand STINKS!" Naturally, they too will bring their hand to their nose and SPLAT, hand into face plant. It's really just too easy. Now mind you, I don't hit people hard; it's a pride thing, not a pain thing. And to be honest, it really does bring me immense joy and laughter, it just never gets old. 

Now, I have successfully flipped Dustin in the nose with the "something on your shirt" so many times when we first met that he bet me $100 that I wouldn't be able to pull that on him for a YEAR. Granted, we don't know exactly when he made that statement but he's been steadfast ever since. Until now. 

We were at breakfast one day here at The Forest and Dustin was wearing a grey Cheley Colorado Camp shirt. Originally, I had bought this shirt for myself but it ran just a little too large and I knew it would be a great fit for my hubbs. I pointed down at his shirt in a way of saying, "hey, where'd ya get that good looking shirt?". Mind you, I wasn't even trying to trick him... He looked down at his shirt and old habits die hard because I immediately seized the opportunity and flipped him in the nose. And IT. WAS. BEAUTIFUL. 

Did I celebrate? Oh yes, I celebrated. Dustin played it cool like it didn't happen, but his coolness couldn't compete with my victory fist thrown into the air, steady and strong. There might have even been a few celebratory air upper cuts and then a double fist punch into the air a la Rocky Balboa. Needless to say, my celebration just had to be shared with the rest of the occupants at breakfast. 

Sweet, sweet, SWEET victory. 

But don't go feelin'  bad for Dustin, you see, he has a social trick too. His might even be harder to combat than mine and because he's so good, I'll tell you his trick too. He taps people on the other shoulder so you turn around to nobody. I dare you not to turn around, it's nearly impossible. I've seen him win sweet consecutive success with one, two, THREE right in a row! (You know who you are). 

I'm still working on my immunity to his trickery and it's no easy task, it's like retraining your brain to react in a different way or to not react at all. It's a work in progress. 

Moral of the story? Watch your shoulders, watch your shirts and watch your stinky hands, the Pippins are on the loose. 





No comments:

Post a Comment