share energy

share energy

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

New Intentions and Summer Reading List

Hello friends! 

I have great news to share: Dustin and I have left Cheley Colorado Camps having had a wonderful experience and are already safe and sound in San Antonio! We had a wonderful trip with minimal impact (except our little faux pas when we left my dresses in a hotel in Amarillo and did not realize it until we were 90 mins down the road in Lubbock....) For the trip, I made a wonderful concoction of Topo Chico mineral water and half-squeezed grapes: the grapes gave a little flavor to the water and every now and then I'd get an instant refreshing snack-- genius! Note: this would be ever more refreshing with frozen grapes... Despite my carbonated beverage, the heat is stifling and there isn't a cool breeze around for miles... yup, we're definitely back home. 

We have just about 3 weeks to gear up for our travels to Guatemala where a huge culture shift awaits us. Not only a shift in language and culture, but a complete lifestyle change to support the permaculture ecosystem we will be living in. Permaculture is the harmonious integration of landscape and people, providing food, energy, shelter and other material and non-material needs in a sustainable way.  That means that all hygiene products and anything that goes into the Earth from consumption must be natural, all waste will be utilized and we will be living 100% off the electrical grid where all of our power will come from beautiful Mother Earth herself. It's a high order with a very big learning curve! Check out The Yoga Forest for more details. 

To aide in learning, it has always helped me to write things out. I feel as if I more fully understand something when I can sit down and put it in my own words. Having said that, it is my intention to share my knowledge here and I would love for you to come along on this journey with me! It is my intention to continuously grow this blog with information and ideas on sustainable living, yoga, and other little details pertinent to healthy living. The growth of this blog and upcoming endeavors is very much dependent on you, the reader. Perhaps you might like to share this blog with others, maybe by sending it in an e-mail or posting it on your facebook page. Small, wonderful actions like these will help to earn more readers and perhaps even get me to my ultimate goal of generating income from blogging. 

I am also active as a freelance writer and have just picked up a new gig with Spiral Nature, an online source of everything occult. My first book review will hit the scene late August, early September so stay with me for this and many more endeavors to come!

I've had a wonderful summer in Colorado with majestic views and wonderful people whom I miss already. I have also had one of the most productive summer reading lists in quite some time. Along with some "mandatory" reading for Spiral Nature, I've included my summer reading list below. Perhaps this will give you a clue as to some of my thought processes that might pop up in my blog. All books are links that will take you to their Amazon pages. Please leave a comment if you have thoughts or questions about any of my summer reading!   

7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess  -Jen Hatmaker

Saving Jesus from the Church -Robin Meyers

Water for Elephants -Sara Gruen

Hell-Bent: Obsession, Pain and the Search for Something like Transcendence in Competitive Yoga -Benjamin Lorr

My Stroke of Insight -Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor

Spirit Boards for Beginners: The History and Mystery of Talking to the Other Side  - Alexandra Chauran

Crystal Ball Reading for Beginners: Easy Divination and Interpretation  -Alexandra Chauran

Thank you for your love and support! Until next time, Love&Light. 













No comments:

Post a Comment