share energy

share energy

Monday, November 17, 2014

Giving LOVE!

So it's official, I've purchased a domain name and have begun work on my very own wesbite! It's going to be a long road of understanding and applying information from wordpress, but I have the support of some truly awesome people and am confident in my success. I wanted to take the time and opportunity to share some of those people who I have met since being here at The Yoga Forest who have given me feedback, support, encouragement and inspiration to take on this endeavor. They are all leading happy, healthy, holy lives and are creating change and awareness through their prospective avenues and changing the world. Check them out!

When Dustin and I arrived to The Yoga Forest in September, Chelsea Hover, a native of Austin, Texas, was the resident yoga teacher. After having spent 3 months in Colorado cultivating a meditation and pranayama practice, I was in a space of boredom with my asana (posture) practice and even less enthused about teaching it. Chelsea was the perfect antidote to this boredom and breathed new life into my asana practice with her playful teaching and by creating intuitive, challenging flows. 

Chelsea also recognizes the need for service and is currently co-facilitating a service retreat at the Bhatti Mines School in Delhi, India where retreat participants can honor and share their humility and humanity with impoverished youth. A portion of the retreat tuition goes directly to funding  the school. You can check out more about Chelsea and her service project on her website YogawithChelsea.com. And if you're in the Austin area, I encourage your to check out one of her classes; her creativity and joy is such a treat! Keep on keepin' on Chelsea, cant't wait to catch up with you in ATX!


Chelsea in India

I met Vincent Villemure Duchesneau when he followed the flowers up the path to The Yoga Forest when he was studying Spanish is San Pedro. He is from Quebec Canada and is one of three visionaries behind The Free Spirit Hostel. These three childhood friends had an idea to start a surf hostel in Nicaragua and began raising funds through their youtube channel. They sold EVERYTHING, gave what they couldn't to local charities and thrift stores, bought a huge van and took a massive road trip to Nicaragua, picking up beautiful people along the way. 


What really touched my heart about Vincent is the immense love he has in his heart and his faith and dedication to his project. When they were in San Marcos and on many stops along the way, they have given away soccer balls, basketballs and Free Hostel jerseys to the local youth. They have since arrived in Nicaragua and are looking for their land so they can begin to build. They left Canada, traveled all the way to Nicaragua without a specific place in mind; they're out to find it because they know it exists and is waiting for them. Much love to The Free Spirit Hostel team, may your future be abundant with love in your hearts, always.

from the left: Vincent, Laurent, Karl

Will Hatton contacted us through The Yoga Forest e-mail as a travel writer for hovelstay.com. He joined Dustin and I up at The Yoga Forest to chat about TYF and the three of us hit it off right away and the conversation moved into traveling stories and experiences. Now let me tell you, Will is one chill dude and his life in travel is AWESOME (and would give me major anxiety!). He originally hails from the UK and has spent over a year backpacking in India, worked in Vietnam, he has taken Samurai lessons, herded goats in the Holy Land and is now traveling through Central America. You can see his photos and read his tips in cheap travel and adventures at thebrokebackpacker.com. He also wrote a jammin' review of The Yoga Forest, catch it here.

Will is doing what he loves and loving what he does. He sat down with me and let me grill him about his website and how it came to be. He gave me a list of places to start and a great overview of how to make a blog successful in this crazy social media world. He even checked out my blog and gave me feedback and ideas to make it better. And best of all, this crossfitter even let me teach him yoga :) Much love to you Will, in all of your travels and writing! Dustin and I can't wait to host you in the states! 


Will bus surfing in Nepal
Nicholas Burtner and his lovely long locks of love comes from Dallas, Texas. He made his way to The Yoga Forest as one of our fearless Permaculture Design Course (PDC) teachers. Nicholas began dedicating his life to permaculture in 2011 and his passion and dedication to sustainable living is contagious. He has studied under the pioneers of permaculture, Bill Mollison and Geoff Lawson and has worked on almost every climate the Earth has to offer. Nicholas is sharing the permaculture love in Plano, Texas by running a School of Permaculture where he offers classes to re-educate the public about living in harmony with Mother Nature.

Nicholas is loving life, loving Jesus and living from his heart. I've had the pleasure of many conversations with him about permaculture, Earthships and God and he is happy to share all he knows. His dedication to creating sustainable living and helping others through permaculture education is awesome and extremely inspiring. Dustin and I are so blessed to have him in our life as a teacher, permamentor and friend. Looking forward to all that is to come, Nick, life sure is sweet. 


Nick and his samurai gong skills

This list is by no means complete as I have met many wonderful people on my journey here in Guatemala. It's wonderful to wake up every morning in The Forest, watch the sunrise streak colors against the volcano and know that this community began as a thought in Hayley's head and heart. Inspiration is all around me and I take each of you with me as I continue this journey. 

I'm giving love all day! Loving out loud today! Who do you want to give love to?

If you enjoyed this blog, pay it forward and give love by sharing this with your social network below!







No comments:

Post a Comment