share energy

share energy

Friday, January 16, 2015

January, mid-point.

The beginning of the year was such a blessing: The Pips moved into our new home in San Antonio and unpacked all of our beautiful wedding gifts to begin our lives together. I was wholly grateful to unpack every little box and reveal every little treasure: I felt the love and support of all of our family and friends at every moment, we are certainly blessed. I also allowed myself to let go of many things so they may be received as gifts upon the next person who owns them. I even let go of books, boxes upon boxes of books. 

It's wonderful to have a place of our own, a yoga room, a sacred space. My bed is amazing after many months of sleeping away and I've been sleeping wonderfully. My Indiokitty and I have been reunited and he is already resistant to my love and adoration. I've started a new job on a new side of town and everything is new. It's fun and jarring and uncomfortable and interesting, the biggest challenge is creating good habits right away. Doesn't that sound like a new years resolution? 

I really love January and the uplifting view of the untraveled year in front of me. Since dedicating my life to yoga in 2012, the new year allows me to reflect on my practice and find additional tools to begin utilizing in the upcoming year. Last year was the integration of the neti-pot and this year is the integration of the tongue scraper. Was that not the coolest sentence ever written?  It's the little things that make the big difference and you'd be surprised at how little Ayurvedic practices can lead up to big changes. 

I've promised myself a sadhana or spiritual practice this year and I've been steady with that promise for 11 days. After being in Guatemala and living in a conscious community where there is intention behind every task, practice and ceremony; I realized I needed to create that meaning here. My sadhana is to take the time to connect to my inner self and to treat each day as a day of ceremony as the sun rises. It's been a really wonderful practice that has seen a much calmer me in the evenings. 

I've started the ball rolling to volunteer and read with 2nd graders to improve their reading skills. I'm working with an organization called SA2020 which is a community vision for San Antonio. It is a list of goals created by the people of San Antonio in 2010 based on their collective vision of our city in the year 2020. It's a wonderful program, they ask for your interests and then suggest service projects that would suit your interests. I'm happy to be in a place in my life where I can designate time to help others.

And my big intention set for the year is to invite clients to my home space and offer private yoga sessions for donation. I have put a lot of thought into pricing and the idea of donation and it boils down to the fact that I could never quantify yoga. I can tell you roughly how much I have spent in training but that price could not contain what was gained from those trainings. Such is yoga. I have taught yoga "for money" and tried to sustain myself with it and I ran myself ragged. I am happy to offer the practice that is in my heart and I am happy to receive what is given to me. For me, when the energies of money is lifted, the real exchange can take place. My first private client is Sunday, living manifestation!

Dpip and I (twoyogisonelove!) are doing our best to home cook this year and it's been so rewarding that I've had to stop myself from taking photos of each meal. But every now and again I just can't help myself. If you're on instagram check me out at Nicolppin and feel free to join my hashtag parties: #livingmanifestation2015 #feedyourself2015 

This life really is a living manifestation and as your eyes scan these words, you are a part of it. Thank you for keeping up, thank you for smiling and for laughing, thank you for showing up when there may not have been anything new to read. Sending love! 

Happy 2015! Here's a Christmas pic from the Pips in PJ pants and my nephew Drew and niece, Rylee. 


pictures are cuter with kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment